Most of Longleaf’s distributions historically have been long-term gains reflecting Southeastern’s successful results and long investment horizon. Per share amounts are rounded. For tax return preparation, please use your Form 1099-DIV or see the 2018 Sources of Distribution.
Longleaf Partners Small-Cap Fund
|Year||Total||Net Income||ST Gains||LT Gains||Return Cap||Ex-Date||Reinvest|
Sources of Historic Distributions
Tax Reporting Information
ICI File Layouts
Data for intermediaries who process 1099s for their clients.Download ICI File
General Mutual Fund Distribution Information
- All mutual funds must distribute earned income and realized capital gains annually to shareholders.
- Tax treatment is the same whether shareholders receive cash or reinvested shares.
- A fund's NAV declines by the distribution amount, but the decline is unrelated to performance since shareholders receive the difference in cash or additional shares.
- Accurately tracking returns requires increasing the number of shares to account for reductions in NAV when distributions occur.
- Capital gains reflect appreciation over the full period that the Fund held a security. Distributed gains have no relationship to either that year's Fund performance (a Fund could pay a distribution in a flat return year) or an individual's fund investment (all shareholders as of the distribution date receive the payout regardless of their purchase date or price).
Longleaf Distribution Information
- Longleaf generally pays capital gains distributions in the first half of November and income in late December.
- Most Longleaf shareholders reinvest their distributions, thereby maintaining account balances while owning more fund shares.
- Longleaf generally posts capital gain distribution estimates on the website by mid-October.
- Tax reporting information is mailed with 1099-DIV forms by early February.
- Longleaf may penalize those who sell fund shares to avoid a distribution since they place a larger tax burden on remaining owners and potentially disrupt the fund's investment strategy.