Our distinctive governing principles guide and define Southeastern’s investment and business decisions. They reflect our commitment and partnership with our clients and adhere to Ben Graham’s value investing teachings.
Our Governing Principles
- Treat your investment as if it were our own.
- Remain significant investors in the Longleaf Partners Funds.
- Invest for the long-term, while striving to maximize returns and minimize business, financial, purchasing power, regulatory and market risks.
- Choose each equity investment based on its discount from our appraisal of corporate intrinsic value, its financial strength, its management, its competitive position, and our assessment of its future earnings potential.
- Focus our assets in our best ideas.
- Not impose loads or 12b-1 charges on mutual fund shareholders.
- Consider closing to new investors if closing would benefit existing clients.
- Discourage short-term speculators and market timers.
- Continue our efforts to enhance client and shareholder services.
- Communicate with our investment partners as candidly as possible.