Please follow the steps below to open an account.
Open an Account
Open an Account
Exceptions to Minimum and Closed Funds
Prior Approval for Exceptions
Approval for exceptions must be obtained by calling Southeastern at (901)761-2474 prior to making your investment. We reserve the right to make additional exceptions or otherwise modify these exceptions at any time and to reject any investment for any reason.
Exceptions to $10,000 Investment Minimum
The following investors may open a new account in any open Fund with an initial investment of less than $10,000:
- Family members of shareholders who have at least $250,000 invested in one of the Longleaf Partners Funds may open one or more accounts in the same Fund for a $5,000 initial investment.
- Employees of Southeastern and their family members and Longleaf service providers may open new accounts with a $1,000 initial investment.
- Individual financial advisors and consultants whose clients aggregate over $10,000 may add new clients below the minimum.
- Institutions and affiliates of institutions having a strategic investment advisory relationship with Southeastern may open client accounts below the minimum.
Closed Fund Exceptions
The Small-Cap Fund closed to new investors on July 31, 1997, and the Partners Fund temporarily closed to new investors on June 9, 2017. The following investors may open new accounts in a closed Fund for an initial investment of $10,000 if approved by Southeastern:
- Existing shareholders in a closed Fund and their immediate family members may open accounts in the same Fund. For this purpose, an immediate family member is your spouse or minor child.
- Individual financial advisors and consultants who have maintained accounts in a closed Fund since its closing date may add new clients to that Fund.
- Institutions and affiliates of institutions having a strategic investment advisory relationship with Southeastern.
- Employees of Southeastern and their family members and Longleaf service providers may open new accounts.
New Account Application Access
By clicking the “I Agree” button below, you represent and agree that:
In order to view and print the documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded at no charge. If you are unable to download, view, or print the documents, call (800) 445-9469, option 1 or request a New Account Kit. Understand that your consent relates only to this request. If you request additional information, you may be required to consent to electronic delivery again.
Neither Southeastern nor Longleaf charges a fee to use our website, but your internet service provider may charge to access information online. If you no longer consent to electronic access to these documents, you may withdraw your consent and request a paper copy at no charge by calling (800) 445-9469, option 1.